South Carolina Lightning Protection installs "UL Master Label" certified Lightning Protection Systems.
A LIGHTNING FIRE THAT COULD HAVE BEEN PREVENTED!
Do Not Let This Happen to You!!!
We are proud to serve our region as your Underwriters Laboratories (UL) Listed Installer and a Lightning Protection Institute Certified Master Installer.
Lightning is the ONLY natural disaster for which affordable protection is available. The American Meteorologist Society in 2003 issued a bulletin endorsing the Lightning Protection Requirements of the National Fire Protection Associations “NFPA” stating, “It is now well established that properly installed and maintained lightning rod based protection systems significantly decrease lightning damage.”
"An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.”
–Ben Franklin, inventor of Lightning Protection
• Lightning is the only natural weather phenomena for which reliable and affordable protection is available for.
• Summer is the peak season for lightning but people are struck year round. An average of 53 people is killed each year by lightning.
• NO PLACE OUTSIDE IS SAFE DURING A THUNDERSTORM. Immediately seek shelter in a substantial building (with electricity or plumbing) or a metal topped vehicle.
• Indoors: Stay off corded phones, computers and other electrical equipment. Avoid plumbing, doors and windows.
•The Lightning Safety Alliance’s Leon the Lion says, “When Thunder Roars, Go Indoors!”
•The US receives 20 million lightning strikes annually.
•A lightning strike can generate heat in excess of 50,000 degrees Fahrenheit and without a lightning protection system resistance from the nonconductive parts of your home (wood, tile, brick, shingles, etc.) can cause the lightning fires you see.
•The cost of insurance claims for lightning damage increased 28% from 2004-2008.
•Lightning is the cause of 15% of all fires in wood shingle homes.
•3-5% of all commercial insurance claims are lightning related. *Source Factory Mutual Insurance Co.
•Property losses due to lightning exceed $5 billion in the US annually.
• A single bolt of lightning can carry over 30 million volts of electricity and every year the number of homes struck increases.
•Lightning is the #1 cause of church fires in the US according to the Insurance Information Institute.
•According to the Insurance Information Institute, residential lightning losses exceed $1 billion annually and represent almost 5% of all residential insurance claims.
•It is a myth that lightning never strikes twice. In fact it can and usually does.
South Carolina Lightning Protection, Inc.